NEXT EVENT

NEXT EVENT: 2021 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Double Handed Division

Monday, January 18, 2016

2014 Solo Tasman Part 3: What could possibly go wrong Issue #2 - Insurance

Issue #2: Insurance.
The race start was Apr 14. In late 2013 my UK based insurance company advised that due to a change in international policy, where a company Underwritten by Alliance had a representative in Australia, I had to insure via the Australian based company. In this case I thought simple, go back to Club Marine (previously held insurance with them for about 10 years), present the survey from last year and get Offshore International Bluewater cover for the race. Not so fast he says......need another survey he says......must hold insurance with us for 12 months before Bluewater cover can be issued he says.....you want to race NZ to Australia he says......and so the banter continues. 


Result: In the end, my existing company Fastnet extended my coverage including race cover, to keep my stress levels and temper in check. Fastnet were awesome to deal with and covered me during my solo trip back from Malaysia, across and back to NZ and down to Port Stephens. Its a shame I cannot continue with them.



No comments: