NEXT EVENT

NEXT EVENT: 2021 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Double Handed Division

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Solo Trans Tasman 2014

Game on, we're in!
I just checked the 2014 Solo Trans Tasman Yacht Race website and Rogue Wave has been accepted as one of the first Provisional Entries for the singlehanded race from New Plymouth (NZ) to Mooloolaba (QLD). The race is conducted every four years and has a limit on the number of competitors, so it pays to get in early. Although the race is still along way off, there are still quite a few outstanding things to be done and the race will provide me with that mid range goal I need to achieve my bucket list.

Preparing for the Hobart, arranging my IRC handicap rating and kitting out for CAT 1 safety gear is a costly and time consuming business, but once its done, maintenance of these two standards will be far less painful in terms of cost and time. All this hard work flows straight into the Trans Tasman Campaign so I can focus on the race rather than preparation of the boat. 

No comments: