NEXT EVENT

NEXT EVENT: 2021 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Double Handed Division

Thursday, February 25, 2021

PLAN B

 Been a while since I have updated my blog and thankyou to those still able to sail and giving me something to watch on You Tube. Between the Vendee midnight updates and the AC75s in NZ there has been just enough to keep me from going nuts.

Rogue Wave has been on the market so I had her stripped back to presentable condition so I could show her without much prep. Now since COVID has dragged on I have taken her off the market and will prep for some local and offshore sailing in preparation for later in the year and next.

I will enter RW in the Two-Handed category of the 2021 Rolex Sydney Hobart Race with Darrell 'Daz' Greig answering the call and stepping into the co-skipper role. We will try and squeeze in the mandatory qualifier passage from Sydney back to Port Stephens so he can step off the plane and start sailing to maximise sailing time and minimise impact on Leave from duty. 

In 2020, the CYCA made a very disappointing decision by excluding IRC Two-Handed boats from competing for the Tattersalls Cup - something that all IRC crewed boats could compete. So now I may just enter the Performance Handicap System (PHS) category to save on paying IRC and ORCi Certificate costs and entry fees.

Following the Sydney Hobart race RW will remain in Tasmania until around March when I will sail her to New Zealand for the 2022 Solo Trans-Tasman Challenge from New Plymouth on 17 Apr 22 and finishing at Southport QLD between 27-28 Apr if all goes to plan. From there its back down to Port Stephens arriving early May where she will lay up over winter on her mooring.

Here are some pics from the 2018 Solo Trans-Tasman Challenge.
























No comments: